Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Rock Band

I had the privilege of visiting with my sister, Diana, and her family last week.

Diana


A new interest in their life is the Wii Rock Band. She and my 16 year old nephew, Daniel, could spend 8 or more hours a day "doing" Rock Band.

Daniel


Philip, 13, also likes to play with them, but not necessarily for such long periods of time.

Philip


While I was visiting, we all went down to my parent's house, and decided to bring Rock Band with us. While my dad tried to pick up on how to play the drums, lead guitar or the bass, he never quite did get it. Diana did her best to help him, but to no avail.

Daddy on Drums



Diana helping Daddy


The best part was when my dad tried to sing.

Daddy Singing

He would have done much better if they had some Bing Crosby or Frank Sinatra songs. My mom, on the other hand, did fairly well and enjoyed playing with Diana and Daniel while Philip, my dad and I played cards. (I won't even start telling you how badly I did in Rock Band!)


The band


Diana and Daniel are really good at Rock Band after all their practice. As they were playing one particular song, Diana mentioned that it is one that just flows for her and is very comfortable to play. The funny thing about it is that the song she was referring to is one called "Waves of Mutilation". Doesn't that sound appropriate for her? (Hint: The answer is NO!)


Playing Waves of Mutilation



More of Diana Playing Waves of Mutiliation



Even more Waves of Mutiliation


After a while, the whole group joined us playing cards. (I think our laughter was too infectious for them to resist!) We had a fun evening, however Daniel had a few moments in which he was not doing well!


Daniel Losing at cards



Daniel Losing Again


Isn't Diana beautiful?

Diana


I had a memorable time and can't wait until my next visit. Stay tuned for pictures of the beach at sunset next time. . .

To view more photos from our session, visit their gallery at www.apictureoflife.smugmug.com

No comments: